Monday, June 14, 2010

Atonement

I don't see what all the fuss is about. This could be due in part to the fact that 1) I don't like Keira Knightly, 2) I don't believe in a lasting love from a few passionate moments, 3) I think that guy was a creeper, 4) I've seen too many war-themed movies and productions recently, 5) I realized that the older version of Briony was the girl in Dirty Dancing Havana Nights who I hated because she got to dance with Diego Luna. The movie seemed to speed up and only show snapshots of a plotline. The ending, while unfortunate, makes up for some of the cheesiness in the love story. Not exactly an upper...though that doesn't have to be a key component.

QUICKIES

"No one speaks the fucking lingo out here. You can't say 'pass the biscuit' or 'where's me hand grenade?', they just shrug. Cause they hate us too. I mean, that's the point. We fight in France and the French fucking hate us. Make me Home Secretary and I'll sort this out in a fucking minute. We got India and Africa, right? Jerry can have France and Belgium and whatever else they want. Who's fucking ever been to Poland? It's all about room, Empire. They want more empire, give 'em this shithole, we keep ours and it's Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your fucking aunt! Think about it." — Daniel Hays (Tommy Nettle)

No comments:

Post a Comment