Wednesday, December 22, 2010

'Lost Symbol' script to be written by Dan Brown

Almost exactly a year after Dan Brown's book The Lost Symbol hit shelves, they're already talking about a film. I'm not entire opposed to this because after The Da Vinci Code wasted 149 minutes of my life, Angels and Demons was surprisingly good. And while I still think that Tom Hanks (though I love him) was a horrible choice for the character of Robert Langdon, I wouldn't mind seeing another Dan Brown movie. The twist is that this time it really WILL be a Dan Brown movie. Sony asked Brown to write the script after Steven Knight (Eastern Promises) didn't exceed expectations. The past films have been written by Akiva Goldsman (The Da Vinci Code) and David Koepp (Angels and Demons).

No news yet on a release date or even when production will begin, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment