Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm Reed Fish



For once, I found a completely underrated Alexis Bledel movie. I'd never heard it advertised and had never seen a preview. Luckily it was "watch instantly" on Netflix, or I wouldn't have even noticed it. This movie is creative and definitely not the norm. And while Bledel's performance wasn't anything stunning, for once one of her movies was interesting. This was mostly due to Jay Baruchel, who did a very good job in his role as Reed Fish, the quirky guy who basically ran his small town.

Alexis Bledel played his fiance, Kate, who he'd been dating forever. Reed's father fell asleep at the wheel killing himself, Reed's mother, and Kate's mother. The twist is that we aren't watching the actual story, we're watching the movie Reed made about his life. Don't worry, I didn't ruin a big surprise you find this out early.

Jill, played by Schuyler Fisk, sang two beautiful songs. I bought them on iTunes....no shame.

QUICKIES
"So, Jill, I... I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I acted when you broke up with me. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. Or threw that hamburger at you." - Tommy Dewey (Rex)

"Easy to get a beer gut when you own a bar. You don't even notice as it happens. Then all of a sudden, you look down and you can't even see your own damn shoes anymore. Yeah, I can't wait for that day."- Chris Parnell (Ralph)

"So I know Andrew that you will always protect me."- A.J. Cook (Theresa during wedding vows)
"Word..."- D.J. Qualls (Andrew)

Fun Facts
Reed Fish has a cameo role in the film. He appears as John Penner, who shakes hands with Reed Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment