Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tom Cruise: Top Gun 2

Now I don't want to lose all credibility, but I have to be honest (and unmerciful). I have never seen Top Gun. There, I said it. It's definitely on my list of films that I intend to see (mainly because when people find out I haven't seen them they do this weird thing with their eyebrows and gasp a little). That being said, to all you fans out there, Tom Cruise is currently in talks with director Tony Scott to reprise his role as Maverick for Top Gun 2. The first one came out in 1986 and was obviously very successful (note the eyebrow raise and gasp). In terms of the plot:

“It’s not a remake and it’s not a reinvention,” Scott says. “It’s about the end of an era, the end of the era of the fighter pilot … There are these kids who sit in trailers in Nevada playing war games on computers, and they’re the ones that control these drones 10,000 miles away. That’s the world we’ll be focusing on.”

So there you go. Despite my Top Gun ignorance, I'll do my best to keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment