Monday, February 7, 2011

Blake Lively to take over as Carrie Bradshaw? NOOOOO

OH HELL NO. This cannot happen. No. No. No. Not ok. No. No. No. Did I already say no? If this rumor is true, I've lost the majority of my respect for Michael Patrick King. Blake Lively, though she is a fairly decent actress and recently did a great job in The Town, CANNOT take over for my fashion icon and personal idol. Sarah Jessica Parker will ALWAYS be Carrie Bradshaw. ALWAYS.

There have been some recent rumors that Lively has been considered to do a prequel similar to the book that recently came out called The Carrie Diaries, which follows Bradshaw through her teen years. I just can't accept this as a possibility. There should be ONE more Sex and the City movie. It should have the original cast and take place in New York City. I know that the second one tanked and was panned by most, but King owes it to this incredible series to finish right, not with some Dumb and Dumberer stupid prequel. If you're going to do that, make it some crappy show on ABC Family. Clearly the idea of this makes me sick. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment