Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy 20th IMDb!

Twenty years ago today, one of my favorite websites, the Internet Movie Database, was created.

“We are humbled by the fan and industry support we have received over the past 20 years,” said Col Needham, IMDb’s founder and CEO. “With our first-ever foray into original video content, we’re celebrating our collective love of film and bringing fans even closer to their favorite artists.”

“I go to IMDb more than you should,” said Danny DeVito. “I go at least a couple of times a day. Sometimes many more than that. It’s because of the things I talk about with folks. I’m always dealing with actors, movies and what not. And I want to find out things about people and projects. It’s my go-to place to find out all kinds of information.”

This site has saved me countless hours of wondering exactly who that guy was in that one film with Julia Roberts in it. This blog wouldn't be possible without it's help, and I'll be forever grateful. Who knew it was created the year I was born? I'd say so far it's contributed much more to society than I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment